The Abu Dhabi Chapter ("the Chapter") of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ("ICAI") has been a key player in the growth and development of the profession in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi since its inception in October 1984. In the Chapter's three and a half decades of existence it has grown leaps and bounds with the membership number increasing every year and now is close to 800 active members.
The Chapter is registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee at the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) as "The Institute of Chartered Account ants of India - Abu Dhabi Chapter Ltd.” and its legal activity listed as "activities of professional membership organization".
- To assist ICAI (parent body) to fulfill its functions and obligations in respect of its members residing in Abu Dhabi;
- To conduct high quality Professional Seminar for member to meet the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements as well as update with the changes taking place in the field of regulations, information technology and accounting standards etc.
- To provide networking opportunity to members; and
- To promote CA brand amongst the students and encourage to consider CA as a career path.
The objectives of the Chapter have been defined in the Constitution of the Chapter and include the following:-
- To serve as a medium for facilitating the sharing of professional knowledge and expertise among the members and CA Students including in the field of accountancy, auditing and allied subjects of professional, social and personality development interest;
- To help in better equipping members of the Chapter and other professionals for discharging their obligations;
- To carry out applicable and agreed directives, policies, guidelines and initiatives of the Institute;
- To assist the U.A.E. nationals and institutions to develop matters relating to accountancy, auditing and allied subjects of professional, social and personality development interest;
- To facilitate employment opportunities for the members;
- To organize social events for the members and their families and to provide a platform for them to interact socially and network as part of the ICAI social responsibility initiative;
- To provide a platform to strive and reach out to global recognition through mutual effort and understanding along the pathway of professional excellence;
- To do all acts and undertake all activities necessary conducive, incidental or ancillary to attain the above mentioned objectives and are in the interest of the member of the chapter and/or profession in general; and
- To carry out Corporate Social Responsibility activities. The Chapter supported contribution to the ICAI Benevolent Fund, Prime Minister's National Relief Fund, Blood donation camp, Tree Plantation, lftar-meal distribution, etc.